Preparation time: 5 minutes; Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
Egg and bacon cups are great for breakfast, as a snack or as a convenient meal to go. They are super easy and very fast to make!
All you need is …
- a muffin tray, but you can also use reusable silicone muffin forms.
- eggs, obviously. For 6 cups I use 3 whole eggs and 4 egg whites.
- bacon, 1 slice for each cup.
- Rinse the tray with some oil, put bacon in there just around the form, beat all your eggs and fill the cups.
- Put in a preheated oven (180C / 355F) and bake until done. It will take about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold. Enjoy!
You can vary the basic recipe a lot. You can add all the seasoning you like. You can add some chopped vegetables, cheese, greens or whatever you like! In this one, I added leftovers from the fridge: mozzarella and tomatoes, and topped it with fresh oregano.
Let me know how you liked the cups in the comments below!